Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hoot
Hoot is a book about a boy called Roy who makes unlikely friends in his new town Coconut Cove, he Is also bullied by a boy called Dana Matherson and soon becomes friends with a boy hey spots running down the street and his Step sister and together they stop a local Mother Paulas pancake house under construction, from destroying the habitat of a specie of burrowing owls.
My favourite Character was probably The running boy because he was very risky and his actions were Unpredictable at times and he also stood up for what he believed in.
My least favourite Character was Dana Matherson who was a attention seeker, a bully and liked to put people down.
My Favourite Part of the book was when Roy first spots the running boy and chases him and comes to find his temporary camp by the golf course.
The themes and messages in the story that I personally picked up on was Bullying, sticking up for what you believe in, not giving up, Team work and survival.
My rating for hoot would be 8/10, it was a interesting novel but I did get a bit bored at times but all together it was also quite interesting at the same time.
The part that I am most looking forward to in the movie is The part when Roy finds running boys camp and the cotton mouth moccasins.

No comments:

Post a Comment